The EDM department is a distinctive point of Valtecne in terms of both processing technologies and installed production capacity
Advantages of Electric Discharge Machining (EDM)
Thanks to its Electric Discharge Machining (EDM) department, Valtecne is able to produce extremely complex components with maximum precision. Its technology is particularly ideal for producing surgical instruments for the health sector.
Our EDM processes offer numerous advantages when compared to the more traditional manufacturing techniques of milling and turning. These include:
- no mechanical strain is put on the piece, thus removing the need for complicated locking mechanisms
- regardless of the number of components that have been commissioned, we can guarantee precise dimensions, since our cutters sustain even levels of wear-and-tear.
- we are able to work with any materials irrespective of their density
- we are able to generate any geometric shape or volume requested
- we guarantee high levels of machining tolerance (±µm)